Auckland, New Zealand
Mobile: (+64) 021 234 3295
A skilled educator and wordsmith specialising in educational content, including development for Learning Management Systems (LMS) such as Moodle, Canvas, and iQualify, as well as consumer publications.
(2012 – present)
Writer / Editor
- Edit educational materials for online courses, especially through Open Polytechnic.
- Produce persuasive, readable copy in such diverse areas as corporate office design, parenting, and brand marketing.
University of Auckland
(2015 – 2017)
Professional Teaching Fellow in Philosophy
- Develop and deliver lectures in Critical Thinking and Early Modern Philosophy, report to Head of Department, and ensure that course content reflects stated university standards and learning outcomes.
- Supervise tutorial staff.
- Develop student assessments.
- Create content for and assist in maintaining existing content on LMS.
Riverside City College & California State University, San Bernardino
(2011 – 2012)
Lecturer in Philosophy
- Develop and deliver lectures in Introduction to Philosophy.
Provident Savings Bank
(1999 – 2010)
- Reduce technology costs through automation and innovative procedural solutions.
- Ensure data integrity and accuracy in reporting.
- Mentor and train incoming staff.
Ph.D. in Philosophy, 2010
University of California, Riverside, US
Specialisation: Critical Thinking and Ordinary Language Philosophy
Bachelor of Physics
Bachelor of Philosophy, 1996
Central Connecticut State University, US
- Unix / Linux system administration, especially Debian-based systems, including Ubuntu
- Java software development
- Web server management, especially with Apache and Enterprise Java implementations on Tomcat
- SQL, database management, especially MySQL / MariaDB, SQLServer, some Oracle and Postgresql
- Technical writing, documentation, persuasive writing
- Currently hosting https://sorrell.port0.org/